Monday, May 16, 2011

A Special Thanks.

There is a song by Jesus Culture that says "I don't want to talk about you like you're not in the room, I want to look right at you, I wanna sing right to you."  What an excellent reminder.


I think so often we forget the reality of Jesus.  You know, like that He's REAL and He's HERE with us.  Right now.  In this moment.  Even as you're reading this.  I catch myself doing this all the time in my prayer & worship life.  In my worship, I find myself picturing this far-off Jesus, and this isolated Heaven.   And as far as my prayer life...my ignorance makes me laugh sometimes.  I say "Amen" like I'm saying good-bye!!  You know,  you wake up early in the morning so you can "spend some time with the Lord"- long enough so you can have soaked up enough of his strength to spread evenly throughout your day.   This is so silly!  God is with us, always.  We have never known one moment without Him. Spending time with God is about recognizing that you're tapping into a POWERFUL love source that will be with you ALL DAY.   When you walk away from your time of prayer, you're not walking away from the Lord Himself.   Our human nature, beautifully and ironically,  highlights God's perfection.  Our dumb thinking, so greatly emphasizes His love. While we are reserving special time for him, every moment of our lives is God spending intentional time with us.  We do not walk away from our time with God and return to our mundane lives.   He stays with us.  ALWAYS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment